[NTG-context] Hyphenation peculiarity.

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Dec 30 10:30:56 CET 2004

Hi John,

John Culleton wrote:
> texexec --make en nl
>
> Should I download Context from Pragma and reinstall from scratch? Or just find
> an older version on a cdr somewhere?  Other suggestions?

Check if you see these lines during the "texexec --make" run
(or in the log file, afterwards)

  language       : no patterns en for en (n=1) (lang-en.pat,ukhyph.tex
  language       : no hyphenations en for en (n=1)
  language       : no patterns uk for uk (n=2) (lang-uk.pat,ukhyph.tex
  language       : no hyphenations uk for uk (n=2)

if this is the case, then your hyphenation patterns have an unexpected
name (perhaps "ukhyphen.tex"?). I solved my problems by

	cp hyphen.tex lang-en.pat
	cp ukhyphen.tex lang-uk.pat
        mktexlsr

but you probably need somehwat different filenames

Good luck,

Taco