[NTG-context] m-letter

Rob Ermers r.ermers at hccnet.nl
Fri Jan 7 11:52:57 CET 2005

Dear friends,

Some time ago Wolfgang Zilig asked on this forum if the letter module is
still supported. He also sent his log file, the last line of which reads:

system         : macros of module letter loaded
(C:\texmf\tex\plain\base\letter.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.13 \nopagenumbers
?

I have been experimenting a few days with the letter module, exactly as
described in xcorrespondence, with the use of an xml database.
Unfortunately I cannot get it right either.

My log file shows a number of errors, the first being the  same as in
Wolfgang's. The error seems to be not a missing file, since al files are
found, but rather something  else.

Does anyone have a clue?

Kind regards,

Robert Ermers

specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
system         : macros of module letter loaded
(J:\tex\localtexmf\tex\context\base\m-letter.tex
system         : no macros found in module letter
color          : system rgb is global activated
system         : no macros found in module letter
)
system         : macros of module letter loaded
(J:\tex\texmf\tex\plain\base\letter.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.13 \nopagenumbers
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.14 \headline
               ={\ifnum\pageno>1
?
! Font \logofont=stan70 at 70.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
l.52 \font\logofont=stan70 at 70truept
?