[NTG-context] html to context

Adam Lindsay atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Sat Jan 15 16:23:17 CET 2005

ishamid said this at Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:12:34 -0700:

>Have any of you guys a script or something to convert simple html to
>There are apparently a couple of html2latex converters out there but is
>anything for ConTeXt?

Huh, that's funny. I was just thinking about that in the context of this
post, as pointed out by Bruce d'Arcus:

So it sounds like that XSLT would be one place to start.
I have to think, at least with XHTML-basic <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-
basic/>, that going in and renaming a few of the elements in x-contml
would get you a lot of the way there, as well.

I have to think that <http://tidy.sourceforge.net/> is a worthwhile pre-
processor to have in one's arsenal, and I pointed out <http://www.re.be/
css2xslfo/> to the foXet list just the other day. Technically speaking,
if that converts to XSL-FO as well as it appears, ConTeXt could well be
the back end to it.

But to answer your question, no I don't have anything per se. I'm just
thinking about it. (And, because of PhD obligations, that's all I'm going
to do about it, for the time being!)
 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492