[NTG-context] Russia (cyrillic letters)

Mikael Persson mickep at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:50:13 CET 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:01:30 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
> > OK, so here they are. Hope I understood correctly how it works... :)
> > enco-004.tex
> > and
> > enco-uc-add.tex
> > I used the names from gucharmap (char map app for Gnome) where they
> > were not yet defined. The names is not always so short as one maybe
> > would like.
>
> This one probably needs to be updated
>
> (Adam: what to do with names, we have Greeka GreekA etc maybe it should be
> greeka greekA, but maybe that will clash some day; same for cyrillic)
>
> Hans

Hm, OK, I can update enco-cyr.tex aswell. Atleast for t2a. I don't
really know the differences between t2a, t2b and so on...

But how to do? Use \ShowFont and see what characters actually are
present, and then add the ones that need to be added? Or maybe there
is some spec file over the encodings :) Moreover I wonder if there is
any differences between t2a and cm-super-t2a...

I guess it would be nice wth hebrew and arabic too, as mentioned.
However, since I dont recognize the characters at all from these
alphabets I am not sure I am the person who should do this.

About the memory-saving \ucharfourhex you wrote about I assume you fix
the file to the right format Hans?

So, is there anything right now I can do for speeding ut getting
cyrillic letters via utf?

/Micke P