[NTG-context] Dimensions of a picture

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sat Feb 5 23:15:03 CET 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> It seems probable that your JPEG file is broken, there is no
> size limit for JPEG images, but there are some checks to make
> sure that the file is 'valid ', and your image failed one of
> those checks.

There are several command-line utilities for checking image files. The
ImageMagick suite has a program called 'identify,' which will give you
lots of information (probably more than you want!):

     identify -verbose <image_file>

If you're running Linux, ImageMagick is available for just about any
distribution, and may already be installed on your system. I think you
can get a version for Windows, too; not sure about MacOS.

If the file is broken, 'identify' will tell you so. Otherwise, post the
output of the command to the list, and hopefully someone will be able to
tell you if there's something unusual about your file that makes it
incompatible with pdefetex.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA