[NTG-context] small caps

Thomas A.Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Mar 2 07:18:29 CET 2005

Adam, I feel like a complete idiot now. I had been so proud about this
idea, but after re-reading you MyWay about OpenType, I see that I had
been reinventing the wheel: this is exactly the solution you had been
suggesting almost two years ago. Thanks for being generous about
this...

However, your post made me think: I know nothing about XSLT, but enough
perl to shoot myself in the foot. I guess if I had a version of
texnansi.enc with the unicode values in addition to the names, that
would be a good starting point. I was thinking of  this route:
1. use ftxdumperfuser to produce cmap.xml,
2. use perl to reduce it to two values: glyphName % UNICODE_VALUE
3. use perl to extract the lines corresponding to a given encoding and
put them in the right order.

Sounds feasible? Do you know where I could get such a unicode-aware
version of texnansi.enc?

Best

Thomas