[NTG-context] Extending into the margin

Duncan Hothersall dh at capdm.com
Fri Mar 4 11:50:44 CET 2005

I have a double-sided page layout with mirrored margins. For certain
displays (tables, etc) I would like to place a box such that it will
extend into the margin. At the moment, just by making a box the width of
the textarea + margin, I can get what I want half the time :-) - it
always extends to the right, and on half of the pages that is what I want!

Of course the trick is the other half. If I explicitly move the boxes
left, then the right-hand pages stop working properly. And I'm in a
batch workflow so I can't know in advance what page a box is going to
land on. So I guess I need a hook into the double-sided margin settings
somehow?

I haven't managed to find anything that looks relevant in the docs, so
thanks for any help!

Duncan
dh at capdm.com