[NTG-context] Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 9, Issue 19

Louis F. Springer lou at springer.com
Sat Mar 5 17:00:34 CET 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 3:51 AM, ntg-context-request at ntg.nl wrote:
> Louis F. Springer wrote:
>> I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded
>> yesterday
>> to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional fonts
>> installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in
>> and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map
> the cfg file is no longer supported by pdftex, use
> \pdfmapfile{+texnansi-sun-sunsans.map}
> or better:
> \loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
> instead, or make typescripts that do the loading when needed

I checked my typescript, it did include the appropriate appropriate
\loadmapfile commands.  I've done a paranoia check, copying the
map files to the local directory, no joy. I have also verified from the
log file that texexec is loading the typescript.

color           : system rgb is global activated

>> but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution using
>> the fonts
> could you process the file produced by texfont?

OK, that works. I can process the texnansi-sun-sunsans.tex and the
texnansi-sun-sunserif.tex files.

I must have something amuck with my typescript. I'll check it out.
(BTW, I checked this before and thought it failed, I must have
processed an old version of the file produced by texfont.)

I can't see anything obvious in my typescript, maybe I've fouled up on
the encoding or something.