[NTG-context] Upgrading...

h h extern pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Mar 5 23:51:50 CET 2005

ishamid wrote:
> Dear syndicate,
>
> While I have not closely kept up with all developments it seems that
> installation/upgrade procedures have been improved. I also went through a lot
> of pain the last time I upgraded so I ask:
>
> Given that:
>
> 1. I have not updated my context since Aug. of last year;
>
> 2. my fpTeX is from last July.
>
> What is the wisest and most efficient way to upgrade my ConTeXt distribution
> today?
>
> Should I replace fpTeX (including Aleph) with the ConTeXt/TeX distribution
> from the website?
>
> Are there any Aleph-related issues?
>
> Any tips will be appreciated

just download the windows zip file from our website and install that one in a
separate tree, e.g. under

c:\context

then, you can initialize that tree with

c:\context\setuptex c:\context

and voila ...

when needed, unzip the latest cont-tfm (beta) and cont-lmr archives in
texmf-local and remake formats