[NTG-context] pdfopen/pdfclose under Linux

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Mar 14 14:27:07 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a beta version of Fabrice Popineau's pdfclose/
pdfopen tools ported to X11 (Linux).

I've tested this with Acrobat Reader 5.0.10 & Linux & X.org, but the
code is reasonably generic, I believe. I hope that while waiting for
the upcoming direct texexec support, somebody is willing to do testing
under other AR/Os/X configurations.

You can fetch it from:

   http://tex.aanhet.net/utils/pdfopen-0.2.tar.gz

(Mandrake 10.1/i386 binaries are included)

 From the README:
Both commands have only one meaningful argument:

   pdfclose --file <pdfname>
     Closes an existing window with the name <pdfname>

   pdfopen --file <pdfname>
     Opens a window with the name <pdfname> (starting a reader if
     necesary), or it reloads <pdfname> if it was already open.

Note: <pdfname> is the name of the X window, not a filename.