[NTG-context] iso latin 2 ; storm fonts

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 15 19:23:05 CET 2005

> Adam Lindsay wrote:
>
>> Vit Zyka said this at Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:34:13 +0100:
>>
>>> The question is how to elegantly switch from standard (st2) tfm to
>>> extended (st3) tfm when the glyph is not present in st2 - with
>>> preserving \rm, \bf, \it, \bi.
 >>
>> basically, you declare a variant set for a (Serif/Sans/Mono) family:
>> \definefontvariant  [Serif] [exp]         [-Expert]
>> % [fam]   [call abbrev] [synonym suffix]

Hallo,

thanks to Adam, it was easy to implement font variants. A little bit
more work was with all Storm glyph deffinition in two (+one) encodings.
Before I will do the support for the rest of my Storm font families I
want to ask audience (and especially Hans, Adam) to have a look into the
files (http://typokvitek.com/tmp/context-storm.zip). Example in
http://typokvitek.com/tmp/test-sdynamo.pdf (generaly interesting for all
\show... font related command usage). Recommendation for the package
improvements are welcomed.

There are:
   enco-st1.tex - ec encoding with storm glyph extension
   enco-st2.tex - xl2 encoding with storm glyph extension
   enco-st3.tex - variants (additional glyph) for enco-st1 and enco-st2
   type-sdynamo.tex - typescripts for Storm Dynamo font family
   math-sto.tex - simple mathematics present in Storm fonts (in progress)
   test-sdynamo.tex - test file
   test-storm.tex - support for tests

Questions:

? During encoding deffinition I found some chracter name mess. I solved
it by synonyms:
   E.g. \definecharacter textdag        {\dagger}
        \definecharacter paragraphmark  {\paragraph}
        \definecharacter textellipsis   {\ellipsis}
        \definecharacter textminus      {\minus}
        \definecharacter ostroke        {\oslash}
        \definecharacter textdollar     {\dollar}
Is there some context convention for character names?

? I have a problem to define mathematics chars. I did:
\starttypescript [math] [dynamoRE] [st1]
   \definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Letters]        [sdgr8te]
[encoding=st1]
   \definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Letters-Italic] [sdgri8te]
[encoding=st1]
   \definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Symbols]        [sdgr8te]
%  \definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Extension]        []
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [dynamoRE] [name]
   \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [DynamoRE-Math-Letters]
   \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]    [DynamoRE-Math-Letters-Italic]
   \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]    [DynamoRE-Math-Symbols]
   \definefontsynonym [MathExtension] [ComputerModernMath-Extension]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [DynamoRE] [st1,st2]
   \definetypeface [DynamoRE] [ss] [sans] [dynamoRE] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]
   \definetypeface [DynamoRE] [mm] [math] [dynamoRE] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]
\stoptypescript

\startmathcollection[storm]
   \definemathcharacter [+] [bin] [sy] ["2B]
   \definemathcharacter [=] [rel] [sy] ["3B]
\stopmathcollection

\enablemathcollection[storm]

$1+1=2$

But I get error: !Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts.
Where is the problem?

? - \starttypescript [*] [fallback] is generaly useful. Is a good idea
to move it from large type-buy.tex somewhere else?

? Storm fonts have different accent shapes for lover/upper case letters.
Is there some mechanism to distinguish this making the composits?

Thank you
Vit