[NTG-context] how to use Times Roman font

Xue Ruini xrn03 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Sat Mar 19 04:41:50 CET 2005

Hello everyone,

   I am a newbie to ConTeXt. I have no idea how to use the Times Roman font
   in ConTeXt. (in Latex, just \usepackage{times})

   I found something like this:   (http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html)

   % Times font
   \usetypescript[berry][ec] % or [8r]
   \setupbodyfont[pos]

   \starttext
   hellow, world
   \stoptext

   but an error occours:
kpathsea: Running mktexmf utmr8t
! I can't find file `utmr8t'.
<*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input utmr8t

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input utmr8t

Transcript written on mfput.log.
mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input utmr8t' failed.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

! Font \*12ptrmtf*=utmr8t at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                  \let \localrelativefontsiz...

\fontstrategy ...ame #1\csname #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                  \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
                                                  \fi \iftryingfont \fontstr...

\synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
                                                  \relax \fi \ifskipfontchar...
<argument> \getvalue {\@style@ \fontstyle }
                                           \edef \fontstyle {\fontstyle }\if...
l.2 \setupbodyfont[pos]

?

I want to know what I can do with it. Thanks!

Leo