[NTG-context] Suppress routine messages.

luigi.scarso luigi.scarso at logosrl.it
Wed Apr 6 08:24:19 CEST 2005

John R. Culleton wrote:

>When I run texexec against a file with lots (101) chapters plus
>sections the messages to the console documenting each such
>subdivision seem to be slowing down the compilation. Is there a
>switch to suppress all the printout?
>
> run --
>John Culleton
>Able Indexers and Typesetters
>http://wexfordpress.com

To make c.pdf from c.tex I use
$> texexec --pdf --silent c

Sometimes, if I'm sure about c.tex, under Linux i can write
$> texexec --pdf --batch --silent c &>/dev/null
Warning: --batch run until end, so I can make a bad pdf  if c is wrong.

I can do also

$> texexec --pdf --silent c &>myout
but if c.tex file is wrong, texexec can stop itself and wait from a
prompt, and I can think that texexec is still running.
(in this situation, if I hit 'q' I will enter in batch-mode; with
ctrl-d I abort texexec. myout collect standard out and error)
This can be a quick way to make a pdf, but sure not safe.

luigi