[NTG-context] Installing a non-standard encoding vector

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at lamar.colostate.edu
Fri Apr 8 00:40:57 CEST 2005

Hi Adam,

>===== Original Message From "Adam Lindsay" <atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk> =====
>>What am I missing here? How can I can install this font with my own encoding
>>so that \showfont will display it?
>
>Idris,
>
>You need to have precisely 256 glyphs in your encoding vector. Try
>padding your vector out with 232 /.notdef tokens, and you *should* be in
>business!

Thnx very much for pointing this out!

Also: I have a suggestion to you and Hans for the next version of texfont:
Along with installing the pfb's and afm's into the texmf-fonts/fonts tree, it
would be useful to also install the user-defined encoding files into

/texmf-fonts/fonts/enc/dvips/<myfont-enc>/

whenever the --en switch calls for it. As it is now I have to install them
manually.

But thank you very much; I am indeed ""back in business"!

Best
Idris