[NTG-context] new beta

Thomas A.Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Fri Apr 15 16:39:46 CEST 2005

Thanks David,

modifying texexec.rme and saving it as texexec.ini solved some of the
problems. Here's my story:

1. output of texexec --version unchanged:
texexec --version

  TeXExec 5.3.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

                texexec : TeXExec 5.3.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005
                texutil : TeXUtil 9.0.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2004
warning: Ignoring unknown argument `batchmode&cont-en' to --interaction.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
                    tex : unknown
                context : ver: 2005.04.15
                cont-en : unknown
warning: Ignoring unknown argument `batchmode&cont-de' to --interaction.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
                cont-de : unknown
warning: Ignoring unknown argument `batchmode&cont-nl' to --interaction.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
                cont-nl : unknown

         total run time : 5 seconds

2. Nevertheless, texexec now processes my files. However, my log is
filled with hundreds of lines like this:
Warning: pdfetex (file
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/cont
ext/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `txbttsc' already exists, duplicates
ignored

Warning: pdfetex (file
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/cont
ext/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `t1xtt' already exists, duplicates
ignored

Warning: pdfetex (file
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/cont
ext/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `t1xttsl' already exists, duplicates
ignored

Warning: pdfetex (file
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/cont
ext/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `t1xttsc' already exists, duplicates
ignored

3. Context now NEEDS the line
loadmapfile foo.map
in every document. Before, this was an option. I typically used updmap
to keep my config files in sync (because I want to use my fonts with
LaTeX from time to time), so I didn't use this feature much. Now,
however, context doesn't seem to read the normal config files any more.

Not sure if this is the expected behavior or a bug.

Thanks!

Thomas