[NTG-context] new beta

Thomas A.Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sat Apr 16 08:40:09 CEST 2005

OK, I think I got the new beta working now under OS X. David Munger's
suggestions were key (thanks a lot!). I had to apply both fixes,
AFAICS:

1. Open $TEXMF/web2c/context/config/texexec.rme. line 68-69 are

set  TeXFormatFlag      to  &
set  MpFormatFlag       to  &

and need to be modified like so

set  TeXFormatFlag      to  \&
set  MpFormatFlag       to  \&

2. Open $TEXMF/scripts/context/perl/texexec.pl. line 2442-2444 are

unless ( $dosish && !$escapeshell ) {
     $cmd =~ s/[^\\]\&/\\\&/io ;
}

and should become

unless ( $dosish && !$escapeshell ) {
}

3. After that, run texexec --make en metafun and texhash again, and you
should be in business.

Will try the same under my (gentoo) linux system later today.

Thanks everybody for getting this fixed!

Best

Thomas