[NTG-context] new beta

David Munger mungerd at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 16 16:43:21 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for trying, but it is not the correct way. Sorry for being
unclear. The point is that shell escaping was not done in the proper
way. Fix 1 used to do it in the configuration file (texexec.ini) which
is basically a bad idea. Shell escaping has to be done properly by
texexec.

Thomas A.Schmitz :
> OK, I think I got the new beta working now under OS X. David Munger's
> suggestions were key (thanks a lot!). I had to apply both fixes,
> AFAICS:

Fix 1 should not be applied. Don't touch your texexec.ini, the right
lines are the original ones:

set  TeXFormatFlag      to  &
set  MpFormatFlag       to  &

Fix 2 has to be applied to lines 1505 _and _ 2443:

Regards,

David