[NTG-context] Postscript fonts (was: gwTeX and missing PS fonts)

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at lamar.colostate.edu
Wed Apr 27 23:08:36 CEST 2005

Hi Ville,

<ntg-context at ntg.nl>
>  I want to make documents with Times/Helvetica/Courier
>  combination (as was done with "pos"). I do not have the
>  commercial fonts, but I do have the TeX Live (or teTeX)
>  distribution. What is the right way to get to use the
>  fonts?

The following works for me in the latest official Context (3-16-05):

\definetypeface [helvetica] [ss] [sans] [helvetica] [default] [encoding=ec]
\switchtotypeface [helvetica] [12pt,ss]

\input tufte.tex

\definetypeface [times] [rm] [serif] [times] [default] [encoding=ec]
\switchtotypeface [times] [14.4pt,rm]

\input tufte.tex

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy