[NTG-context] pdf bookmarks

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 5 12:02:25 CEST 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 09:31 pm, h h extern wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:56:06 +0000, David Waller <davidwaller1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I am trying to produce bookmarks in the PDF file produced with context.
> >>
> >> I can produce bookmarks but I am unable to get any hierarchy of
> >> bookmarks such that chapters can just be displayed initially and then
> >> the
> >>sections open up.
> >
> > With
> >
> > \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]
> >
> > I got a perfect bookmark :)
>
> \placebookmarks [chapter,section,subsection]
>                  [chapter]
>
> will do the same but open only chapter ones by default
>
> Hans

As it happens, on my computer, using Linux, both xpdf and
Acrobat Reader 7.0 display all bookmarks by default. Here is my
line:

 \placebookmarks [chapter,section] [chapter]

If I change the line to
 \placebookmarks [chapter,section] [chap]

It works as described by Hans above.

But I can live with that. My real problem is with bookmarking
the table of contents. If I use this configuration:
\bookmark[chapter]{Contents}
\completecontent
I get a double bookmark. All other combinations yield no bookmark
at all. I tried changing the name from Contents to Contenzz and
I got two occurrences of Contentzz in the bookmarks.

Messing with the first parameter [chapter] yields either no
bookmark or a double bookmark.

Also, on the TOC proper, the word Contents (or Contentzz) is repeated twice,
in body font, ahead of the bold faced and larger title generated
by \completecontent.

The documentation on this feature is a bit sparse. I looked at
the source but the comments there did not address this
situation.

--

John Culleton
The answers to all your publishing questions are found