FWD: [NTG-context] \inmargin, \setupindenting, and overfull boxes

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat May 7 15:47:16 CEST 2005

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> I placed your definition in a \start-\stopenvironment file. The \inmargins are
> in \product files each of which calls the environment file in its preamble. If
> I compile just one product (say the second \product from the project), there
> appears to be no problem. But if I compile the entire project, TeX chokes on
> that same product.
>
> Do you think this may be the problem?

Yes, because the environment file is read twice, you need a guard against redefining the redefinition. Placing a guard around it, like this, should work:

  \expandafter\ifx\csname normalinmargin \endcsname  \relax \else
    \let\normalinmargin\inmargin
    \def\inmargin#1{{\parindent0pt \normalinmargin{#1}}}
  \fi

(yes, that is an ugly hack, but it is one I can write withour actually having to test it before sending :))

Greetings, Taco