[NTG-context] inmarge figures and references

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue May 10 15:43:11 CEST 2005

Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> Would the beginner's book
> help in understanding the structure of the whole system?

I have never actually read Levy's book, but I doubt it will help you
understand the intrinsics of the ConTeXt system. It will probably teach
you how to program TeX; thereby making it easier for you to understand
the constituent parts of ConTeXt and (possibly) allowing you to write
the macro code needed for nice title pages and overlays. But that's
hardly the same as "the structure of the system".

At the moment, the only way to get a feeling for that is to read
the source code, I believe. Start with 'tex/context/base/context.tex'.
Working through the included files in the order they are loaded is
easiest, and use the source code browser at contextgarden.net !

Good luck, Taco