[NTG-context] How to make a PDF workbook structure with index?

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Tue May 17 23:56:30 CEST 2005

Thomas Schrader schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>
> is anyone experienced in archiving PDF?
>
> I need archiving lots of different PDFs in different sizes and formats
> into workbooks or folders with index files.
>
> How could I possibly look into each PDF, getting the title info and
> generate an index? How do I do clickable references to each content PDF?
>
> How could I practically bind PDF together (ZIP, tar, ...)? Is there some
> sort of workbook-like file-format? I had problems with re-arranging
> oddly generated PDFs via pdftex so I want avoiding re-arrangement.
>
> Thanks much for any hint.
>
> Thomas Schrader

Hi Thomas,

maybe a search for "PDF" at http://www.softpedia.com can solve some of
your problems (use the SOFTPEDIA SEARCH ENGINE at the bottom of the page).

It results for example in:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/File-Editors/PDF-Explorer.shtml

--------
PDF Explorer description

PDF Explorer is a PDF file management software and image extraction
tool. It allows you to easily gather and add all your pdf files to a
database file, that displays an overview of Filename, Title, Subject and
Author. You can then search through all the files, view them, batch
rename them and more. PDF Explorer can also scan within ZIP files and more.
--------

Happy exploring,

Peter