[NTG-context] place for feature requests / todo list

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Sun May 29 11:03:47 CEST 2005

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> ATM, the best place to discuss wishes is here, on the list.

Hello Taco,
the problem with the list is, that often you don't really know at the end
of a thread, what is going to be done or not.
Just as an example, there has been a discussion¹ about repeated footers in
TABLE, but at the end I don't know, if it's possible or not.

Perhaps, a table like this (just an example) would be nice somewhere:

Feature request                    Comment
repeated footers in TABLE          not possible

documentation for linetable        scheduled for 2007

support for urw-garamond           can be done by any volunteer

xxx                                in next version

yyy                                see elsewhere (link to another page)

> In the past, there has been some talk about putting context
> into some sort of repository (gforge/subversion) and using
> the associated tracking features, but when/if this will happen
> is not clear.

I'm working with subversion and recommend it strongly. Especially for
you, there would be a great advantage: the automatic generation of a
ChangeLog (if the developers comment their commits).

Greetings, Peter

¹ http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20050214.163339.2da65c12.html

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/