[NTG-context] [ANN] XEmTeX 0.5-RC0

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Wed Jun 1 20:03:13 CEST 2005

Hi Fabrice,
My congratulations on the release of XEmTeX!

A question: Since XEmTeX is explicitly pdfeTeX based: Will Aleph (which
produces (o)dvi) and dvipdfmx be supported?

As development continutes, might I very humbly-) suggest the following:

What the TeX world sorely lacks right now is a good Unicode editor,
particularly in the areas of bidi and Arabic script. There is apparently
only one editor in the world that does unicode, bidi, and arabic script
correctly, and that's UniPad (http://www.unipad.org/main/ ), but it's not
free (as in speech) and lacks many-to-most TeX-related features. My
concern about XEmacs is that there appears to be virtually no movement in
the direction of this kind of multilingual support, something I find
astonishing here in 2005-)

But congratulations once again (and thnx 4 all your past help)

All the best!!
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid