[NTG-context] How do Windows users call texexec etc.

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jun 9 21:58:44 CEST 2005

John R. Culleton wrote:
> I have been using Linux since the days of Win 3.1. So I don't
> know what goes on in the MSWin world any more.
>
> Specifically I am writing a guide for typesetting beginners. What
> should I tell them is a good way to execute e.g., texexec from a
> Windows environment? Many of them are afraid of the command
> line. My instinct is to describe a Vim command such as
> :!texexec %
> or just give them a script to do that, but there may be a better
> alternative. Thoughts?

given that texmfstart.exe is in you binary path (there is a zip on our website,
else you need to install ruby, associate .rb with calling ruby, and use
texmfstart.rb)

   texmfstart texexec ...

you can also run

   texmfstart --make texexec.pl

which will give you a stub 'texexec.bat' which you can then put in your path