[NTG-context] Problems with the pscyr font package

Radhelorn radhelorn at mail.ru
Mon Jun 13 14:44:10 CEST 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Radhelorn wrote:
>
>> Hello All!
>> I'm fresh ConTeXt user, trying to move from LaTeX. And I have several
>> problems with fonts in ConTeXt 2005.06.07 (teTeX-3.0).
>>
>> First of all: pscyr. It's a cyrillic type1 font package which works
>> perfectly in LaTeX, but in Plain TeX and ConTeXt whitespaces between
>> words disappear.
>

> I can't find any LaTeX package on CTAN except as a BaKoMa install
> package, and my system teTeX does not have 'fcori6a.tfm'. Under
> those circumstances, it becomes quite hard to help you with your
> problem. There may be a clue buried in the latex support macros ?

Well, I've already looked at this. AFAIK no magic there:
from tex/latex/pscyr/pscyr.sty:

\def\codefault{fco}
\DeclareRobustCommand\cofamily
         {\not at math@alphabet\rmfamily\mathrm
          \fontfamily\codefault\selectfont}
\DeclareTextFontCommand{\textco}{\cofamily}

there is also definition of bold math mode and
\renewcommand{\hbar}{{\mathchar'26\mkern-8.5muh}}

from tex/latex/pscyr/t2afco.fd:

\DeclareFontFamily{T2A}{fco}{}
\DeclareFontShape{T2A}{fco}{m}{it}{<-> fcori6t}{}

from fonts/map/dvips/pscyr/pscyr.map:

fcori6a  CollegePSCyr-Italic "T2AEncoding ReEncodeFont" <t2a.enc
      <colle8.pfb

Encoding file fonts/enc/dvips/pscyr/t2a.enc, but pdftex ignores
ReEncodeFont, as stated in documentation.

Hope this helps.

--
Radhelorn <radhelorn at mail.ru>