[NTG-context] Re: Animations in ConTeXt

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:02:05 CEST 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I don't get it. Examples (animations) on
>> http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xholecek/animations/ compile and work OK with
>> my TeX and Acrobat (Windows XP, Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0.1).
>> However, the example below doesn't work on my computer.
>>
>> I replaced some lines below with:
>>
>> \starttext
>>   \placefigure [here] [fig:animation]
>>   {A simple \MetaFun\ animation,
>>   click \goto {here} [JS(Rotate_Star)] to start (or stop) or
>>   % this line was added as described in MetaFun manual
>>   click \goto {here} [JS(Walk_Field{vortex})] for next step}
>>   {\fieldstack [vortex]}
>> \stoptext
>> which results in the PDF file attached.
>

>> (old/buggy?) Acrobat/OS or because of problems in JavaScript?
>

> works ok here in acrobat 7
>
> (acrobat has fuzzy ways of initializing js and widgets)

Yes, in the meantime I noticed that too. Acrobat 5 doesn't support those
JS stuff at all, but the funny thing is that Acrobat 6 supports only a
half of it. I was already running a continuous animation in Acrobat 6
(the one mentioned above), however it was compiled from plain TeX and I
don't know how to include the fields in the same way in ConTeXt and how
to write the same JS code for them.

JS(Rotate_Star) didn't work in Acrobat 6, but I don't want to care about
the bugs in Adobe products. They will never be removed (if ever) as soon
as the bugs are removed from ConTeXt :)

Mojca