[NTG-context] Re: Animations in ConTeXt

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jul 7 23:33:04 CEST 2005

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Yes, in the meantime I noticed that too. Acrobat 5 doesn't support those
> JS stuff at all, but the funny thing is that Acrobat 6 supports only a
> half of it. I was already running a continuous animation in Acrobat 6
> (the one mentioned above), however it was compiled from plain TeX and I
> don't know how to include the fields in the same way in ConTeXt and how
> to write the same JS code for them.

timers were added in version 6

> JS(Rotate_Star) didn't work in Acrobat 6, but I don't want to care about
> the bugs in Adobe products. They will never be removed (if ever) as soon
> as the bugs are removed from ConTeXt :)

currently in acrobat you can use catch to make sure that the document at least
opens ok

here is the deal:

- i add the attached (a bit old and rusty) file to the distribution
- and you add an animation page to the wiki

(you probably recognize the result if you process it)