[NTG-context] horoffset + itemize + positiongraphics = misaligned graphics

Stuart Jansen sjansen at gurulabs.com
Fri Jul 15 22:30:13 CEST 2005

I'm working on a rather complex document containing frequent use of
positional graphics. Unfortunately, I've discovered what I expect will
be a pretty nasty problem to fix. When I combine horoffset,
startitemize, & positiongraphics the graphics are placed in the wrong
spot. I've managed to cook up the simple test case below which
demonstrates the problem.

\setuplayout[ horoffset=.5cm ]

\defineoverlay [backgraphics] [\positionoverlay{backgraphics}]
  path p ; initialize_box(\MPpos{\MPvar{from}}) ;
  p := lrxy..urxy..ulxy..cycle ;
  p := center p shifted (-.5cm,0mm) -- center p ;
  pickup pencircle scaled 2pt ;
  drawarrow p withcolor red ;
  anchor_box(\MPanchor{\MPvar{from}}) ;

\dorecurse{30}{\myitem\input tufte }