[NTG-context] line break

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jul 20 14:02:22 CEST 2005

Jörg Hagmann wrote:

> Some time ago, I inquired about the problem of an unwanted linebreak.
> The linebreak is inserted after an \inothermargin command, if at the
> same time there is a figure occupying the margin and some part of the
> textarea on the opposite side (a type of figure here called
> "vignette"). When I run the .tex file (see below) on the wiki, I get
> the same result as on my computer.
> Could somebody tell me whether there is an abvious mistake in what I
> did or that's the way it is, and nothing can be done (I include the
> complete setuparea, just to be sure).

you can put this in cont-new.tex (after \unprotect); it solves the
problem but i'm not that sure if it does not introduce new ones

\def\dodoinmargin[#1][#2][#3][#4][#5]#6%
  {\bgroup
   \forgetall % otherwise sidefloat problems, added 2005/07/20         \postponefootnotes % group is (somehow) needed
   \doifinsetelse\v!low{#4}
     {\chardef\margincontentdisplacement\plusone}
     {\chardef\margincontentdisplacement\zerocount}%
   \doif\v!reverse{#2}
     {\swapmacros\dorightmarginblock\doleftmarginblock}%
   \processaction
     [#1]
     [   \v!left=>\let\next\doleftmarginblock,  % no swapping
        \v!right=>\let\next\dorightmarginblock, % no swapping
        \v!inner=>\def\next{\doinmarginswapped
\dorightmarginblock\doleftmarginblock },
        \v!outer=>\def\next{\doinmarginswapped
\doleftmarginblock\dorightmarginblock},
      \s!unknown=>\ifdubbelzijdig
                    \doifcommonelse{+,-}{#4}
                      {\def\next{\doinmarginswapped
\dorightmarginblock\doleftmarginblock }}
                      {\def\next{\doinmarginswapped
\doleftmarginblock \dorightmarginblock}}%
                  \else
                    \let\next\doleftmarginblock
                  \fi]%
   \next{#3}{#6}%
   \rawpagereference\s!mar{#5}% naar binnen ! ! ! !
   \flushnotes
   \egroup % don't forget the group
   \ignorespaces}