[NTG-context] bug / feature portal

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jul 21 09:12:09 CEST 2005

Stuart Jansen wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 00:11 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>in addition to the wiki there is now a portal for tracking bugs and
>>feature requests
>>

>I'm excited to have a bug tracker, but I didn't like the forums. In my
>experience, forums and lists are competitor. Forums are more opaque than
>lists. I don't want to monitor both. And I'm not sure the community is
>large enough to really take advantage of a Web forum.

the forum is mostly meant for the developers, but we don't want to restrict it too much; there is no problem with reporting bugs to the list, they will be picked up from there and collected in the portal; if we don't do it that way, they slowly scroll out of view in our mailboxes -)

so don't worry, you can focus on the mailing list (there is also a separate context dev list for when things become too technical)