[NTG-context] \placecontent problems

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at lamar.colostate.edu
Sat Jul 23 20:04:15 CEST 2005

Dear gang:

I have a \placecontent-type problem. I want to collect all the subsections and
 subsubsections into a list, then place that list into an appendix

\setupcombinedlist [synopsis][alternative=c,textstyle=\tf]

There are two problems:

1. If I place the content list within a chapter, the list disappears. It works
if I place it before the chapter heading. Thus, I need a way to do
\placesynopsis beneath a chapter heading;

2. \start-\stopappendices begins a new sectionblock, therefore  \placesynopsis
does nothing, even if I do not place it within a chapter/appendix.

Thus (assuming we can solve problem 1) I need a way to change the conversion
to Characters on the fly within the bodymatter sectionblock. I need, e.g.

1. A Chapter
2. Another Chapter
A. An Appendix

within the same sectionblock.

Is this possible? I notice that conversion=Characters appears to be defined
for the global sectionblock, but not for local headings. It would be nice if I
could do something like

with the first instance of \appendix starting with `A' (i.e., decoupled from
the chapter numbers).

See the attached file for some experiments.

\setupcombinedlist [summary][alternative=c,textstyle=\tf]

\setupcombinedlist [synopsis][alternative=c,textstyle=\tf]

\chapter{This is a test.}

\subsection{This is a subtest.}

\subsubsection{This is a subsubtest.}

\chapter{This is another test.}

\subsection{This is another subtest.}

\subsubsection{This is another subsubtest.}

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523