[NTG-context] Feature request

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Tue Jul 26 15:32:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

it would be great if the \placefigure macro could be extended to
combinations like

\placefigure{top,left}

or

\placefigure{bottom,outer}

The reason for this request is that we use ConTeXt a lot for
typesetting books from "arts and humanities".

There we often have to place a lot of (more then 100) figures at
"fixed" positions like top-outer and bottom-inner, wrapped by text.

I guess it's not a trivial feature to be implemented in TeX's
paragraph processing, but I know it might be worth the effort:
ConTeXt's way to deal with fonts and text is so superior that it
should be also accessible for disciplines that besides text also rely
on images - as the arts and humanities do.

Steffen