[NTG-context] bug in indentation

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at lamar.colostate.edu
Fri Aug 19 05:44:58 CEST 2005

Dear knights,

There is apparently something wrong with the indenting mechanism in the latest
context: I have to invoke indenting twice to cut it on (uncomment the second

% output=pdf interface=en

\setupindenting[medium,next] % does not indent
%\setupindenting[medium,next] % need both to indent

\input knuth

\input knuth

\input knuth

log verifying version

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2c 7.5.3) (format=cont-en
2005.8.18)  18 AUG 2005 21:47
entering extended mode
\write18 enabled.
**&cont-en testblank.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2005.08.15  fmt: 2005.8.18  int: english  mes: english

Similarly, if I want a local exception to the indentation I need something

Also, dropped capes does not work well when indentation is on, calling for the
local exception above.

Finally, \indenting and \noindenting don't work like they used to: bug or

I actually spent hours trying to debug a huge manuscript (with messed up now
fixed indentation) before finally realizing and isolating the problem.

Upgrading ConTeXt is always an adventure...

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523