[NTG-context] Bold BibTeX refs in text?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Sep 13 14:25:13 CEST 2005

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> While we're at it, the reference compression method is a
> little too aggressive: I have a \cite[onething,another] and
> it gives me [1--2] in text ... in this case [1,2] would be
> better, IMO. Compression is good if you have three or more
> consecutive refs.

The actual compression of the numbers is done by a macro written
by Hans (syst-new.tex) and I don't quite understand how it works,
but ... please try this patch:

   \unprotect
   \def\doverysimplebibnumref#1#2%
     {\refsep
      \ifcase#1\relax ??\else
       \def\tempa{#2}%
       \ifx\empty\tempa#1\else
         \ifnum#1<\numexpr#2-1\relax
           #1\bibalternative\c!inbetween#2%
         \else
           #1\refsep#2%
         \fi
       \fi
    \fi}
   \protect

That should keep on working even if/after Hans' macro is changed
sometime in the future.

Greetings, Taco