[NTG-context] Complex layout question

Giuseppe Bilotta gip.bilotta at iol.it
Sat Sep 17 13:32:47 CEST 2005

Hi all, I have a LARGE (we're talking about the hundred
scale) number of floats I would like to distribute across a
document. These are paired (a table and a figure). The
layout that results from coupling them side by side doesn't
satisfy me, so I was looking for a different approach. I
would like them to be distributed across the pages by
placing the tables at the top left and the figure at the
bottom right, text flowing around them. Since there is a
very large number of floats, I would like this placement to
be automatic: "From now on, do this until you run out of
text/floats"

I already did something like the following

\newcount\curvenum
\global\curvenum=1
\def\newpar{
\oldpar
\glet\par\oldpar
\input tests/curves-\the\curvenum.tex
\global\advance\curvenum1
\ifnum\curvenum<8\let\par\newpar\fi
}
\let\oldpar\par
\let\par\newpar

to "delay-load" floats, since loading them all at once fills
up the main memory. But how to achieve the layout?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta