[NTG-context] Beta bib module release

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Sep 29 08:57:55 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

Thomas A.Schmitz wrote:
> Taco,
>
> just so you don't think nobody is interested in your new beta: I  dlded
> it today and played with it, but had to revert to the old  version
> because it somehow did not honor the modifications I made to
> \setuppublicationlayout (I was getting some default instead of my own
> version, and there were spurious periods and colons in all the
> entries).

I saw those in my (very small) example file as well, but that is
from a database that is known to have flaws so I didn't investigate
any further and just assumed that they were caused by broken input.
I will check again.

> I will test it again within the next few days. By the way:  I
> spent one hour last weekend and, by judiciously sprinkling some
> \unskip's in my definitions, had gotten rid of the extra spaces. I
> actually wanted to write to you about it this week...

Don't you hate it when that happens?

> Meanwhile, the one thing that I find really disturbing is the messed  up
> vertical spacing. I'm doing my first real-life book project with
> Context and your bib module. It won't be finished before sometime  next
> year, but expect me to come knockin' on your door often. My
> bibliography is long (371 items), but fairly regular, so I think
> everything else is working just fine, but I can't give a pdf to the
> publisher where the lines are so irregular. Any chance of you looking
> into that soon?

The vertical spacing in my example looks ok, so perhaps it
something in your setup that messes it up hard (or something in
my setup that masks the problem). Can you send me an excerpt for
testing maybe?

Cheers, Taco