[NTG-context] ISO Latin 2 input under the new ConTeXt

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 4 22:06:16 CEST 2005

Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> There are two things: input encoding or regime (\enableregime[utf]
>> inyour case) and font
>>
> Many thanks, \enableregime did what I needed.
>
> But I still have some minor questions:
> 1) Where should I put \loadmapfile[psclean.map]? (I can't include it in
> pdftex.cnf, since there is none under my new teTeX 3.0 in SuSE.)

For standard fonts you do not need to include any map file. If you
really need to incorporate something to format, put it to
cont-(cz|en).tex or look to the context.tex.

> 2) Is it a goold idea to place in the same file \enableregime[il2] if
> almost all my documents are typed in this encoding?

My Czech setup for:
   format: cont-en
   input regime: il2
   font|hyphenation encoding: ec

\enableregime[il2]
\mainlanguage[cz]
\loadmapfile[lm.map]

> 3) What is the native ConTeXt font encoding? If I use many different

IFAIK there is no native font encoding since ConTeXt tries to maintain
many languages with different hyphenation patterns needed to encode.
Czech hyphenation pattern for Czech language is in ec encoding in
cont-en format.

> fonts (most being reencoded via virtual fonts into IL2 encoding), should
> I reencode them into the native ConTeXt font encoding (whatever it is),
> or can I make ConTeXt work with a different font encoding, perhaps
> different for different fonts? How? How?
> 4) What documentations for fonts in ConTeXt should I read, and in what
> order?

Try to look at http://wiki.contextgarden.net

Vit

P.S. Czech support in ConTeXt is far from optimal; after I will finnish
the real big publication I will summarize it. No time for that now I am
  a month late.

> And I have one (I hope) little plea to Mr. Hagen:
> Please, can you add MetaFont to your minimum TeX installation? I would
> like to use it instead of teTeX because it is more flexible. But I still
> use heavily some MetaFont bitmapped fonts. Many thanks anyway.
>
> Your thankful
> Michal Kvasnicka

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com