[NTG-context] interaction between header texts and typing environments

Hans Hagen Test pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 25 00:47:58 CEST 2005

Marko � wrote:

>I'm trying to have header texts on every page. There are also some
>long typing environments in the document. It seems that when the page
>breaks within the typing environment processing the header texts leads
>to an error.
>
>If I put a \ifprocessingverbatim\else .... \fi around the table in the
>header text, I do not get the error. So I should turn off the typing
>environment temporarily to get the header text out. How should I do
>that? \stoptyping ... \starttyping do not do it.

my guess is that the following should work ok (this current code is
quite old and dates from previous century)

\unprotect

\bgroup

\catcode`\|=\@@active
\catcode`\"=\@@active

\gdef\pushouterbarandquote
  {\ifForgetTableBarAndQuote
     \ifnum\catcode`\|=\@@active
        \let\outertablebar|%
     \else
        \let\outertablebar\relax
     \fi
     \ifnum\catcode`\"=\@@active
       \let\outertablequote"%
     \else
       \let\outertablequote\relax
     \fi
   \fi}

\gdef\popouterbarandquote
  {\ifForgetTableBarAndQuote
     \ifx\outertablebar  \relax\else\let|\outertablebar  \fi
     \ifx\outertablequote\relax\else\let"\outertablequote\fi
   \else
     \redefinetablebarandquote
   \fi}

\egroup