[NTG-context] trouble with typescripts

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Oct 30 08:59:51 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have a specific problem with a typescriptfile that may be of
general interest (the problem, not the typescript). I have collected
a number of font definitions into one file and have observed that
certain fonts cannot coexist. One small example:

% font definitions

% font definitions

cannot be defined in the same typescriptfile. If I comment A out, B
will work; it A is uncommented, ConTeXt will complain about missing
font definitions for B. So I would suspect that in processing
typescripts, names are somehow truncated to 9 or less characters. So
these questions arise:

1. Can this be changed? (We had a similar behavior with names of
modules, which was changed a while ago, I think.)

2. Is there a workaround? Is it possible to add other parameters to
the \definetypeface[] line?