[NTG-context] cont 2005.10.27 & t5-lmtt10 font problem

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Nov 4 16:17:54 CET 2005

Tobias Wolf wrote:

>>Did you check which cont-sys.tex is being used? See also the
>>recent mswintex thread. Or just post/email the full log of
>>
>>   \starttext hello world!\stoptext
>>
>>Cheers, taco
>>

>Well, thanks for the offer to have a look!
>cont-sys.tex doesn't yet exist. It is set to defaults.
>My system, as I mentioned, is teTex 3 from Debian unstable, which has
>a weird new map system that is working through .cfg files in
>/etc/texmf/updmap.d . I kept it there, so it mounts lm.map itself (is
>it used anyway in ConText?).

i don't use updmap at all

context loads map files on demand (when configured in cont-sys.tex)

when no cont-sys.tex is present, then cont-sys.rme is used

the presense of those files in /etc is disturbing (and strange since tex
has pretty well layed out tree with defined configuration places)

i have no idea how tex + friends can/will locate those files