[NTG-context] Mini-survey: What do you do with ConTeXt?

Charles Doherty charles.doherty at ntlworld.ie
Sun Nov 6 12:09:27 CET 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>   What do you do with ConTeXT?

Dear Taco,

I use ConTeXt for
a) my class guides (incorporating genealogical tables and other
graphics) and book-lists in both paper and screen versions
b) for typesetting the Newsletter of the Group for the Study of Irish
Historic Settlement
c) my daughter used ConteXt (with my help) to typeset her thesis
d) I have given three classes in the use of ConTeXt to my
postgraduate students urging them to use ConTeXt to typeset their
theses.
Together with Omnigraffle and Bibdesk ConTeXt is ideal for students
writing theses. I have been using XeTeX more and more for the ease of
getting diacritical marks (when transliterating Sanskrit for example)
or medieval characters using the SIL font Gentium.

The use of fonts in ConTeXt is the main problem that I have. I have
not come to terms with that area yet.
Finally it is a joy to use ConTeXt. A very big thanks to Hans.
Charlie Doherty

Charles Doherty,
Early Irish History,
Room K113,