[NTG-context] Index

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu Nov 10 10:16:28 CET 2005

Hans can give a more authoritative answer, of course, but as a
provisional one: no, the command name hasn't changed, you don't need
to worry. The way ConTeXt is organized is that the binary texexec
(which resides in texmf/ARCH/bin/) is just a small shell-script, a
stub, that calls the real script in turn. This has been texexec.pl
(in texmf/scripts/context/perl/), but you can of course modify it so
it runs another script. Hans has been toying with ruby lately, so we
now have texmf/scripts/ruby/newtexexec.rb which, I suppose, will
replace the "old" texexec in due time. But as you have seen, it's not
yet quite ready for prime time, it's still missing a few features (I
don't think it can post-process pdf-files yet) and has a few buglets...

So relax and vatch das blinkenlight!

All best

Thomas