[NTG-context] Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 16, Issue 60

olivier Turlier o.turlier at free.fr
Mon Nov 14 00:35:33 CET 2005

>    1. Re: learning path (Mojca Miklavec)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:31:33 +0200
> From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] learning path
> To: ntg <ntg-context at ntg.nl>

> /.../
>

>>Sorry for not being clear enough.
>>
>>"learning path" is an acronym I've found while using Dokeos elearning
>>platform, as an equivalent to a course i guess. For creating a
>>course/learning path  you assemble differents documents in a l.p.. When
>>the alumni/trainee reads this course, he will be able what he have to
>>read next after the fisrt doc, and so on. I've made a graphic capture of
>>the webpage for showing what elements are making a learning path in the
>>Dokeos vision : list of doc allready readen, docs to read, progression
>>bar, plus the breadcrumb trail;
>

> for lists of already learnt documents: you can make a list of
> chapters/sections/subsections somewhere on the page if you have enough
> place. If you would like to get the chapter/section/subsection name,
> you can get them with something like
> \getmarking[chapter] $>$ \getmarking[section] $>$ \getmarking[subsection]
> Perhaps some "if"s are missing to check if a section/subsection is
> defined, but someone else has to help you with it.
>

>>i don't want to put so much stuff in the pdfs made wit Context(apart
>>putting an A4 text on an A3 page!) because i keep a printable A4 format
>>for my courses, even i there interaction in it, for screen usage.
>

> I'm not sure if I understood it properly, but if you need two
> different versions of your documents with the same content, but
> different layout, you can use modes
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modes).
>

>>So i wish to have only vertical progression bars + percentage in the
>>inner margin. s-pre-01 "original" style show a bottom interaction bar
>>filled with pagenumbers drawn as little rectangles. Maybe it's possible
>>to draw a continuous bar with metapost, but for percentage ?
>>
>>Ideally, i wish to have 2 progression bars : one for project progression
>>and second for product prog.
>

> How would you calculate the project progression? The example below
> calculates the percentage out of the number of pages in the current
> document.
>
> Here's an example how to make an extremely simple and ugly progression
> bar at the bottom of the page. Take a look into the .mp file produced.
> You'll find many other variables thay you may use to position your
> progression bar properly.
>
> \defineoverlay
>   [ProgressBar A]
>   [\useMPgraphic{ProgressBarA}]
> \setupbackgrounds
>   [text]
>   [background={ProgressBar A}]
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{ProgressBarA}
> barW = 5cm;
> barH = .7cm;
>
> StartPage;
>    fill unitsquare xyscaled(barW*(PageNumber/NOfPages),barH)
> [...]

Hi Mojca,

Thanks a lot for your mp code, I got what i want but rightnow, I don't
know how to use it exactly, maybe as follows attached (try to display a
general progression thru advancement of each courses, and show on the
same "pane" (inner margin)), list of each chapters.

I'll try to cook a minimal but working example, as I got -- in a messy
way -- almost everything for bring this new layout to life.

--
Olivier TURLIER