[NTG-context] Textblock does not match the layout parameters

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Nov 17 23:19:43 CET 2005

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While developping a page-layout for a book I cam across the following
> strange behaviour:
>
> The textblock in the attached example is larger than the paramters in
> the layout section would indicate. The pagenumber in the footer however
> respects the layout-parameters. Showframe does print the correct layout
> as given in de layout section.
>
> To me it looks like a calculation error. Hans could you please comment
> on this?

It looks like the 'textwidth' key functions as an override switch.
If you use the 'width' key, all of the measurements are consistent
with eachother, and, otoh it gets even sillier if you use textwidth
but set it to, e.g., 200mmm.

Whether this is by design or an error is unknown to me. :-)

Greetings,
Taco