[NTG-context] Out of Date? Up to Date?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Nov 20 15:00:35 CET 2005

isn't this a bit too general? All the fonts I have converted with
texfont are shared by LaTeX and ConTeXt, and I haven't had any
trouble so far. My rule of thumb was: if the font itself (i.e. the
tfm) works at the basic level of TeX recognizing and using it,
everything else is just a question of a clever use of typescripts
(ConTeXt) and font definitions (LaTeX). The only precondition: I
gather all the relevant lines into one big mapfile which is read by
ConTeXt at runtime (\loadmapfile[my.map]) and has to be enabled via
updmap-sys for LaTeX. But AFAICS, the Berry-namimg scheme is not
necessary even for LaTeX. Or am I being overoptimistic?