[NTG-context] bibtex: crossref / van

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Nov 20 18:09:32 CET 2005

Rob Ermers wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I noticed that the crossref instruction in my bib file does not work. In
> the documentation are no clear clues.
> I changed InCollection --> InBook and vice versa.
> I tried putting the referenced book before and after the referencing
> item in the bib file.
> In fact, a reference does appear (between brackets), but the  title
> referenced to is not printed.
>
> I read in the archive Taco's advice of putting
> \setbox\scratchbox={\hbox{\placepublications}} before
> \completepublications, but Context stumbles at the setbox command.

I have made an error in that example. It should be

   \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\placepublications}

without the outer braces. Sorry about that (the next release will try
to fix the \crossref).

> 2.
> I also have problems with sorting author names like Van den Heuvel.
> Under Latex I used \noopsort, but this does not seem to work under Context

This should work (but don't define \noopsort yourself, that is already
done by the module itself). A minimal (but complete) example would be
very  welcome. Can you mail me a zip or tar archive privately?

Cheers,
Taco