[NTG-context] Linux binaries

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Nov 28 10:37:30 CET 2005

Duncan Hothersall wrote:
> I just foolishly downloaded the 2005-11-16 linuxtex.zip minimal linux
> distribution and copied it on top of my previous one, and I now discover
> that the binaries are linked to a more recent version of glibc than I
> have on my linux box. Eek.
>
> I will clearly need to update the linux machine in due course, but does
> anyone (a) know if the binaries from the previous zip will work as a
> stop-gap, and (b) happen to have a copy of the previous linuxtex.zip (or
> the binaries from it) available for download?

Not on my mirror. Because of harddisk space constraints I do not keep
old versions of the big zips, sorry. Are all executables problematic,
or just pdfetex? If the latter, then you can compile it yourself from
the sources at:

   http://sarovar.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=106

If you (or someone else) does that, then please send those files to
Hans for inclusion. Those older files will run fine on my system, but
not the other way around, so I cannot provide Hans with the 'old'
executables.

Or just update your glibc runtime. I've done that a couple of times,
by just downloading the fresh RPM file(s) haven't had any trouble
with that since the libc5 days.

Cheers, Taco