[NTG-context] tetex3 ubuntu install (was : installing tetex on ubuntu : basics log)

olivier Turlier o.turlier at free.fr
Sun Dec 4 16:19:20 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I still have pbs for this (begin to be) hard to achieve task (compared
of unziping mswincontext.zip on a :\C drive...)

1) I can't succed in adding executables to the path, with my various
tryies, here is my .bash_profile :
	if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
	source ~/.bashrc
	fi

	export
PATH=/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

2) emacs+ auctex nor scite (installed before : maybe a reinstall ?) are
not context aware, so I can only texexec via the terminal
2) is texmfstart working on linux ?

PS : when everything will be fine, (tetex3 install, same .pdf results
between mswincontext and tetex3, scite linux integration (hard to change
editor now), i'll add this to ubuntu wiki section

TIA, olivier