[NTG-context] Is conTeXt good for book writing?

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Dec 11 00:53:05 CET 2005

Hi Leon,

In general, I think there can be no doubt that ConTeXt is much more
flexible than LaTeX for book writing, although the latter is far more
well-known. LaTeX has a package, memoir, that makes LaTeX much better for
book writing, but I still prefer ConTeXt because of its much more
integrated and consistent user interface overall.

As for documentation, start here:

http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man-1.htm

BTW: I mainly typeset books and journals, came from LaTeX, and will never

Best
Idris